No Name Part II

Mama's In The Kitchen
Makin' Up NoName

I got Mama to show me how to make it at home.
Here was a bit of a language barrier but I think I got it.
Veg. NoName
Shredded flesh of coconut (1 whole coconut seems to be enough for one large order)
1 - 2 Tbsp of palm sugar
1 - 2 Tbsp of Naam Po (not quite sure what it is but I think it is the water used to rehydrate dried shrimp; there was a pink sludge at the bottom but clear water on top, they said it is like fish sauce but different)
1/4 - 1/2 c of white flour, enough to form a very loose dough)
add desired veg (corn, cut up green beans, peas, et.al.)
Form into rough patties.
Deep fry.
NB Mama's had more of a shredded coconut texture, others have had more of a pakora/pancake feel, I imagine you could use coconut powder and adjust wet as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment