Chiang Mai BBQ

I couldn't tell you where this place is, or what it is call, other than by it is close to the shell station outside the moat. It is all you can eat for 139B/person (or just over $4/person Canadian), however you pay 30B for not cleaning your plate. For somebody like me this means a long slow meal, but one you can relish in.

I had been recently suffering from "slow digestion" but the Thai chemist/pharmacist totally sorted me out so this was the first real full-on meal I had eaten in days.

Old friends we met here 2 years ago, Greg and Janine, brought us here with their friend Eve who had recently made the move from Koh Lanta to Chiang Mai. These all-you-can-eat BBQ joints are common in Chiang Mai, and are quite popular with locals. Apart from us, the only falang there was with his local girlfriend. I had a rather long and interesting conversation with a man who spoke no English, and I of course speak no Thai.

The Table Is Set.


You toss a big chunk of fat on the top
so that meats don't stick. The juices run
down the grill and flavour the broth where you cook veg & prawns

Eve Working The Q

Janine teaching me the art of cleaning
a cooked prawn. And yes, I did suck out the head bits!


Greg starting his own prawn genocide.


The mid-meal prawn body count.
These are just Greg's. Ours paled in comparison.

Prawn corpses and Chang beer.

Greg's final prawn body count.

No comments:

Post a Comment