Hoi An - Street Breakfast

I broke the yolk on the egg before I took this photo. The dish was still screaming hot so I wanted to give the yolk a chance to coagulate with the gravy that is ladled over top. It comes topped with canned ham (a Viet version of Spam) some real meat and lots of onions. A nice fresh baguette is served on the side (quality baguettes are the only good thing the French did for the Vietnamese).
I ordered a coffee along side and it came to 23,000 dong (or roughly $1.50). Without the coffee the dish is 15,000 (or just under a dollar). It is easily the best breakfast deal in Hoi An. If you get up early enough they are served all around the main tailor market, otherwise head to the Hanh Cafe office the stall I ate at was just around the corner, just off the main drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment